[Mailman-Users] I'm new - HELP

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 13 16:37:56 CEST 2001

On Friday 12 October 2001 23:18, Miss Lala wrote:
> Ok, so I am just starting this email thing. I  have a mailman list on my
> site, and I list this address as the admin address. However,when I send a
> message from this address, it got held up for an approval...from me!! How
> do I send a message and check archives and do all of that as the Admin,
> and not as a subscriber?
>
> Sorry if this is a "simple" question, but I am new.
>
> lala
> www.thePoetsLounge.net

The mailman admin email address has no special rights.  Since email
addresses can be spoofed, this is a "good thing" (tm).  You can however,
set your list to allow specific email addresses to post without approval.

Web over to the admin pages for your list and check out the "Privacy
Options" page:
   "Addresses of members accepted for posting to this list
    without implicit approval requirement."

Take care -

Jon Carnes