[Mailman-Users] removing some lines in normal emails (mailman2.0.6)

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Fri Oct 12 00:32:40 CEST 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 06:14:25PM -0400, Greg Ward wrote:
> On 12 October 2001, Spades said:
> > How do I get rid of all these headers on the mailman 2.0.6 mailing list mail?
>
> AFAIK there are only two options:
>   * hack Mailman to not emit those headers
>   * tweak your MTAs config to remove them

But of course, you want to do neither.

http://www.list.org/MM21/faq.html
Q. My list members are complaining  about Mailman's List-* headers! What can
I do about this?
A. These  headers  are  added  by  Mailman  for  the  long-term  benefit  of
end-users. Mailman is compliant with RFC  2369, which is where these headers
are defined. See  the file README.USERAGENT for  hints on what to  tell your
end users.

Marc