[Mailman-Users] new user question - disappearing mail

Mark Lehrer mark at knm.org
Wed Oct 10 22:23:43 CEST 2001

Hello.  I am setting up mailman and qmail.  I have qmail working fine,
but I am having trouble with mailman - any messages sent to the
aliases simply disappear, with no description of what the error may
have been.  The only message I have found is in logs/post:

Oct 10 13:58:01 2001 (13488) post to foo from root at tinyterm.com, size=6, 1 failures

In this case, I created a new mailing list called "foo".  Then I added
the lines to /etc/aliases and ran newaliases.  However, the message to
the administrator never arrived; neither do messages to foo-admin.
There are also no bounce messages.

Could someone give me a quick pointer in the right direction?  Simply
making the mailman errors more verbose would be a good start.

Thanks.
Mark