[Mailman-Users] Archive issue

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Oct 10 19:42:25 CEST 2001

John W Baxter wrote:

> At 8:27 -0400 10/10/2001, Camel wrote:
> >I'm still getting a "forbidden" accesing my archives - everything else is
> >working just fine - any ideas (seems to be a permissions issue)

    Your archives won't be "there" unless you have actually posted messages to
the list.  And if you have posted messages, check your web server logs and try
to find out what the error is.

> Apache (in particular) "does" forbidden not only if the permissions are
> wrong, but if it is pointed to a directory and the directory is empty.
> Could the latter be your problem?

    Not necessarily.  By default, yes.  However, if someone added the
'Indexes' Option to their configuration file, Apache will be just happy to
display an empty directory for you without any problems.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.