[Mailman-Users] support for virtual domains?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Oct 10 03:54:19 CEST 2001

Vector wrote:

> The feature list mentions support for virtual domains.  And how does one
> make mailman aware of virtual domains?  I can find no documentation on
> creating a list with a virtual domain.  It would be nice of the links that
> go out in the list managers first email after the list was created included
> the urls __for that virtual domain__.  I don't mind taking care of the web
> server side of things, but it seems to me like there is no *real* virtual
> domain support in mailman.  Someone please tell me where I'm going wrong!

    Some folks have pointed out that by setting the host_name value on each
list makes it work fine for vhosts.  I've never tried it.  I went a different
route instead: different installations, on the same machine, same user ID, just
different directories.  It works for me.  <list>@domainA.com is different than
<list>@domainB.com (where <list> is the same name and both domains are hosted
on the same physical machine)

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130