[Mailman-Users] User database for htaccess

Mon Oct 8 20:30:08 CEST 2001

	I have searched through the Mailman/Python archives and only found a
couple references to using the same user database and some how strip from
it the email addresses/passwords and incorporate them into a .htaccess file
to protect a separate directory. For instance I have a mailing list on the
server and have several users of it. I then have a website that will be
used by them for display of schedules and other information and want to
protect it from outside viewers but don't want to make them sign up twice
for something that should be able to be done once. One of the other
references said to have a file that copies the information from the user
database and have it run by cron maybe once or twice daily so that new
mailing list signups will also be allowed into the directory shortly
thereafter.

I am running Mailman 2.0.6
Sun Cobalt RaQ2
Red Hat Linux Variant