[Mailman-Users] Mailman using REDHAT Powertools RPM

Rich West Rich.West at divatv.com
Fri Oct 5 19:35:13 CEST 2001

Just to get ahead of the game, I didn't write it. :)

>And this doesn't mention crontabs?

I think they just included the core things to get it up and running....

>Does the RPM install really do the right thing?  How can it know if
>I want news gatewaying or not?...

Just to clarify: my understanding is that the primary purpose of an RPM
is to simply install the package and keep track of all of the files
associated to the package (plus other organizational things too, as well
as other aspects that are off-topic) .  The Admin is still left to
configure it via /var/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py, check out the docs at
www.lists.org, check mailing lists, etc, etc. (essentially, the admin
has to educate themselves about the app)  It certainly is not 100%
automated (gawd, I hope not. :)..

-Rich

Richard West				mailto:richard.west at divatv.com
Sr. Systems Administrator