[Mailman-Users] mailman wrapper post function

JC Dill mailman at vo.cnchost.com
Fri Oct 5 18:38:28 CEST 2001

On 08:55 AM 10/5/01, Sandra wrote:
 >Hello!
 >
 >   I have mailman installed on my system, that has postfix installed as
 >a MTA.
 >   I have two postfix configurations running on my system, one that gets
 >mail from internet
 >and run AMAVIS, an anti-virus and another configuration that treats local
mails.

Why two postfix configurations in the first place?  Is there some reason
that it is good to stop viruses from coming in, but not good to stop them
from going out?

jc  (Who is appalled at the lack of *outbound* virus scanning, especially
given the crappy status of many inbound scans that give false positives,
which can cause big problems for a list manager who runs a list that merely
discusses email viruses.  I believe you should subject your internal users
to your anti-virus filter effects *before* you subject outsiders who are
emailing in.)

p.s.  Please fix your line length.