[Mailman-Users] Sendmail 8.12.1 + MailMan

Rich West Rich.West at divatv.com
Fri Oct 5 17:30:24 CEST 2001

Actually, I use /etc/mail/access rather heavily (see
http://www.freshmeat.net/projects/spaminator as a rudimentary example to
how much I use it.), and, although I tinkered around with it to get
Mailman to work via SMTPDirect, it seemed to constantly ignore whatever
I put in there regarding Mailman.  It is almost as if Mailman were
re-writing the headers in such a way as to fool Sendmail into checking
the _recipient_ of the email to see if they can relay through us..

Enough so as to make my brain hurt thinking about it.  I would be
interested to see what others have done in their access file or sendmail
config to make everything behave..

Oh, and, yes, Sendmail 8.12.x looks like a fantastic upgrade.  I have
been running it on a development machine for a week and a half now
(upgrading to 8.12.1 only last night) and the additional
feature/configuration options regarding running under a separate user
(other than root), and the differentiation between processes that handle
the receiving of mail and the delivering of mail certainly adds to the
security of the system.

:-)

Thanks!
-Rich