[Mailman-Users] Apologies

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Thu Oct 4 21:38:10 CEST 2001

On 04 October 2001, Jim Kutter said:
> I certainly have egg on my face. The most obvious solution is always
> the answer. The solution to my earlier problems was quite simply this
> and nothing more: my cron daemon died. That's why qrunner wasn't
> starting, and that's why messages were flooding my Mailman
> queue... Doh.

You're not using Solaris, are you?  We used to use Solaris 2.6 for our
main web server, and every so often the cron daemon would just die.
That screwed up a lot of things, including Mailman.

I think that syslogd also died occasionally.

More quality bug-ware from Sun...

        Greg

(We have been much happier since we switched to Linux for our main web
and email server.)