[Mailman-Users] Public lists not advertised?

James Watson james at FuturisTech.net
Thu Oct 4 14:21:42 CEST 2001

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 01:10:40AM -0700, eric-mailman at pretorious.net wrote:
> Lists set as "public" (i.e., archive_private = 0) aren't appearing in the
> listinfo page (though they do appear in the admin page). Is there a cure
> for this?

This may be a dumb question, but you say the list is public because
archive_private=0.  I assume archive_private refers to the lists archives,
not the advertisement of the list itself.  Check the first option on the
privacy page, and make sure the list is set to be advertised.

Also, did you ever try putting VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW=0 in mm_cfg.py?

IIRC, setting this to 1 means "only advertise lists whose url matches the
current browser's url", and setting it to 0 means "advertise all public
lists, regardless of the url".

The default value is 1, which bit me because it does a case-sensitive
comparison of the list url and the browser url.  The end user would only
see the advertised lists if they happened to type in the url in the same
case as the configured list url.

-James

--
James Watson                                 Futuristic Technologies, LLC
james at FuturisTech.net                        716 South Main St.