[Mailman-Users] Help

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 4 04:57:37 CEST 2001

On Wednesday 03 October 2001 06:58, Jamie Lamport wrote:
> I've just installed mailman onto a Linux server. The installation appears
> to have gone fine but i really am having trouble finding the web front
> end. Where abouts is the web front end based??
>
> Sorry to trouble you,
>
> Regards
>
> Jamie Lamport
> Product Development Engineer

You setup the web based front end when you did the install and added the
cgi-script /mailman/ to your apache server.

Go to the root of your web server then tack on:
  mailman/admin/
or
  mailman/listinfo/

This assumes that you have already setup a list, so you have something to
look at in the admin interface.  To setup a list go to ~mailman/bin and use
the newlist command, then be sure to add the aliases to your /etc/aliases
file (if you use sendmail...)

The web setup for mailman should be in your /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file.

You'll get the hang of it fairly quickly.  Mailman is a really good
List-server.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes