[Mailman-Users] naming a list

Dave Robbins dave at geol.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 4 00:43:49 CEST 2001

While I've never had a problem coming up with a name for a mailing list,
I am now trying to determine the most standard Internet convention
for naming a list.

Because I manage the network for a Geology Department,
I often have to create users (i.e. for filesharing) for courses.
An example of this would be 'gs20' for a course entitled
'Geological Sciences 20'.

When the course also needs a mailing list, I thus have to create
a new name for the list other than 'gs20'.

This is the standard convention that I am seeking.
I don't particularly like the listserv convention of '-l'
appended to each mailing list name.  Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

Dave Robbins