[Mailman-Users] mailman without CGI?

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Wed Oct 3 14:55:40 CEST 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Paul Fox wrote:
> what's not so clear is whether the admin functions (message and
> subscription approval, etc) can be done without the web.  is there
> a command line interface for any of that stuff?

You can build a command line interface for them using
~mailman/bin/withlist, but most of the functionality isn't available
out of the box.  There are existing scripts for basic functions such
as getting a list of users, adding users, and removing users.
withlist just exposes the database structure directly.

I'd think that a simpler solution could be used if you don't want to
expose CGI.  You could run a copy of apache (or whatever) on an
alternate port which is only accessible via localhost or your internal
network.  Put the mailman CGI's there and use that for admin
functionality, but it won't be exposed to the world.

alex