[Mailman-Users] Limited posting

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Tue Oct 2 23:26:30 CEST 2001

On Tue, 02 Oct 2001 14:14:03 -0700
arandall  <Amanda> wrote:

> Was ist VERP?

VERP == Variable Envelope Return Paths

Original definition and implementation can be found here:

  http://cr.yp.to/proto/verp.txt

> That's good enough to track trends and make the marketing weenies
> happy.

Certainly good enough for the SWAGs I mentioned.

> ... and apparently some people who installed some funky "security
> patch" (ha) to Outlook (OE? I forget which).

Come now.  Outlook is itself a very helpful and useful security
patch.  Outlook successfully identifies and conveniently labels the
most glaring and easily exploited security hole on the entire
system: itself.  Quite useful data I'd say -- one of Microsoft's
more successful and straight forward security features.

--
J C Lawrence