[Mailman-Users] Limited posting

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Tue Oct 2 19:58:41 CEST 2001

On 02 October 2001, Amanda said:

> Quick and dirty answer - you could set your Reply-To to some other
> location.

Not quite -- a correctly-configured auto-responder (apparently they do
exist) will reply to the envelope sender, or the address in the "From"
or "Sender" headers if it doesn't know the envelope sender.  Any
auto-responder that replies to "Reply-to" should be taken out and shot.

(Uh-oh: aren't you the one who gently scolded me yesterday for being a
bit abrasive?  I'd better tone down this "harsh justice on the Internet
frontier" rhetoric... ;-)

        Greg