[Mailman-Users] footer doesnt appear

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Mon Oct 1 21:03:09 CEST 2001

On 01 October 2001, Ben-Nes Michael said:
> I noticed that when I send HTML page to a mailing list the footer does not
> appear.

Look closer at the raw HTML landing in list members' mailboxes.  I'll
bet you'll see the Mailman footer appended after the "</body></html>".
If mail clients don't render that, there's not much you can do.  (Short
of modifying Mailman to grok MIME and add its footer outside of the HTML
message.)

> What can be done ?

Don't send HTML email to mailing lists.

> Is it a bug with mail formating ?

No, it's a bug with mail clients that let their users send HTML email.
>smirk<

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org