[Mailman-Users] postfix + mysql + mailman

John Indra john at office.naver.co.id
Fri Nov 30 07:38:25 CET 2001

Hi all...

I am very new to Mailman.

I just finished setting up a machine to be a mailhub. The MTA is postfix.

This machine will be a mailhub for a number of domains. After careful
planning, I decide to use MySQL to serve the postfix alias and such.
I have succeeded in configuring postfix to serve all virtual hosts I have.
Now I need a mailing list for each of that hosts. Can anyone direct me to a
HOWTO or FAQ that I can read to achieve this?

Here's my postfix setup...

main.cf:
relay_domains = $mydestination, $transport_maps
transport_maps = mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/transport.cf
virtual_gid_maps = mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/ids.cf
virtual_mailbox_base = /home/mail
virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/aliases.cf
virtual_uid_maps = mysql:/usr/local/etc/postfix/ids.cf

aliases.cf:
user = postfix
password = postfix
dbname = mail
table = aliases
select_field = maildir
where_field = alias
hosts = localhost

ids.cf:
user = postfix
password = postfix
dbname = mail
table = aliases
select_field = uid
where_field = alias
hosts = localhost

transport.cf:
user = postfix
password = postfix
dbname = mail
table = transport
select_field = transport
where_field = domain
hosts = localhost

The content of database "mail" in MySQL:

table "aliases":
| uid  | alias          | maildir                 |
| 1100 | john at ysl.or.id | ysl.or.id/john/Maildir/ |
| 1100 | eri at ysl.or.id  | ysl.or.id/eri/Maildir/  |

table "transport":
| domain    | transport |