[Mailman-Users] Usenet gateway to a member_posting_only list?

Jerry Stratton jerry at sandiego.edu
Wed Nov 28 20:10:29 CET 2001

If I have a mailing list set to member_posting_only and also have the
list set up as a Usenet gateway, Usenet postings by non-members will
be rejected. If true, is there any way I can have Usenet postings be
automatically approved by mailman for the mailing list side of the
gateway?

The purpose of the gateway is to allow university community members
to have the choice of taking part in the discussion by mail or by
newsgroup, whichever they prefer (there is also a web interface to
the newsgroup, also accessible only on campus).

I have the mailing list set to members only to avoid spam (which the
list has received). The newsgroup, however, is a local group
accessible only on-campus, and does not have a spam problem. I would
like all gatewayed messages from the newsgroup to automatically go to
the list without requiring approval. Is there a way I can set this?

Jerry
jerry at sandiego.edu
http://www.sandiego.edu/~jerry/
Serra 188B/x8773
--
The more restrictions there are, the poorer the people become. The
greater the government¹s power, the more chaotic the nation would