[Mailman-Users] Re: Stripping Attachments

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Wed Nov 28 13:46:50 CET 2001

Quoting Ashley M. Kirchner (ashley at pcraft.com):
> Jon Carnes wrote:
>
> > Also, Listar is Open Source... so feel free to grab any part you want
> > and integrate it into your install.
>
>     However, I know jack squat about python... <grin>

I run a bunch of my lists through an anti-spam procmail filter before I
hand them off to Mailman.  It didn't require changing either procmail or
Mailman.  What I did was I put my procmail filter in
/etc/procmailrcs/mailman and chowning it to the user and group that I
configured as the --with-mail-gid, then replacing the list alias with:

#lugor-announce:          "|/usr/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post lugor-announce"
lugor-announce:		 "|/usr/bin/procmail -m MAILMAN=lugor-announce /etc/procmailrcs/mailman"

The last two lines of the procmail filter are:

:0
|/usr/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post ${MAILMAN}

I bet you could also do it by putting in a hidden alias for the list, and
having procmail use formail to send it to the hidden alias with whatever
changes (like the attachments stripped out).

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.