[Mailman-Users] Backup script...

Phydeaux reb at taco.com
Tue Nov 27 03:49:36 CET 2001

There have been questions here of late regarding backups.

Using bin/list_lists I can get a list of the lists. I can then easily cycle
through each list and (for each one) do the following:

- Run bin/config_list
- Run bin/list_members (once for digested, once for regular members)
- Copy the complete archive or at least the mbox file of the archive.

I can then tar the whole mess up and copy it to tape, etc. for a
portable backup of my mailman installation.

I have several questions. First, am I forgetting to copy anything?
Will the above approach get me all the data I need to restore the
system?

Next, is there anything markedly different with v2.1 that would
make this unworkable, unwise, or unnecessary?

Finally, has anyone written such a script (or a similar one) so I don't
have to reinvent the wheel?

reb