[Mailman-Users] Re: Sendmail and virtual hosts

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Nov 26 20:30:50 CET 2001

Bill Moseley wrote:

> Do people use shell scripts to do all this work?

    Nope, by hand.

> su - mailman
> bin/newlist foo
> su
> <edit /etc/mail/aliases>
> newaliase
> <edit /etc/mail/virtusertable>
> makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable
> <restart sendmail>
>
> Actually, the problem with that is the bin/newlist should be done last as
> it sends mail to the new list admin, and if done first, the list isn't
> really setup yet.

    I open two windows to my server:

    window 1 [ as mailman ]:
        ./bin/newlist
            - list name
            - email
            - password
            [ pause - go to window 2 ]

    window 2 [ as root ]:
        vi /etc/mail/aliases
            add list aliases
        vi /etc/mail/virtusertable
            add list users
        makemap on virtusertable
        newaliases
            [ back to window 1 ]

    window 1 [ as mailman ]:
        hit return
            MM sends out email.

    AMK4

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.