[Mailman-Users] Permission denied:'/home/mailman/lists/test/config.db'

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM
Mon Nov 26 19:54:54 CET 2001

> Now, the install directions say:
>
>     - Add a new user called `mailman'.  Typically this is added to
>       your /etc/passwd file.  If username `mailman' is already in use,
>       choose something else unique and see the --with-ownername flag
>       below.
>
>     - Add a new group called `mailman'....
>
> So, the user "mailman" doesn't belong to group "mailman".

I must confess it never even occurred to me that someone would create
the user and the group and not connect them, but you're right, the
instructions don't explicitly call that out.

Chuckle.  It just goes to show you.