[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 05:08:49 CET 2001

> Hi,
>   In Mailman for maintaining the list of the users other than the
> wbeinterface.
> Is there any primitive level datastructure to edit the users list.
> So that I can use vi and manipulate the userlist.
>
> thanking you,
>
> Sumanth.

Look in the ~mailman/bin/.. directory.  You will find all you need to
manipulate your lists using files.  As an example, you can use sync_members
to syncronize your member lists with a file on your system.  Run
sync_members against the file on a regular basis and then you can just edit
that file for any changes you would like to make.

Note, this makes it so that folks cannot manage their own membership to
your lists.

Jon