[Mailman-Users] Newbie question about mailman on Solaris with Apache.

Christopher Jay Manders Chris.Manders at UnixHelpDesk.ORG
Sat Nov 24 00:04:57 CET 2001

Hi,

I have set up everything as close to the installation instructions as
possible. The test group works from the email point of view, but the
webserver (Apache) shows this instead of the intended list of lists:
ELF€=(0,4)pes.hpe_class:5,__reference_type_class:6,__offset_type_class:7,__real_type_class:8,__complex_type_cla...

Obviously, the web server does not know this is an executable, so I made
sure I had a ScriptAlias and <Directory> setting spots. All seems right.
I have this in the httpd.conf:
ScriptAlias   /mailman/         "/home/a1/mailman/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/home/a1/mailman/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Under options I actually tried 'None' but that did not work.

Any pointers, etc, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris