[Mailman-Users] Backup your system - it's important.

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 23 04:23:46 CET 2001

Just a reminder, but it is important to backup your Mailman files on a
regular basis.

The key files to backup are the list info and the archive info.  Backing up
the ~mailman home directory will get it all.
  tar -czf mailman_bak.tar.gz ~mailman

You might also consider backing up the config file for your web browser,
while you are at it.
  tar -rzf mailman_bak.tar.gz /etc/httpd/conf

Yes, I know that this is the most obvious message, but we have had a lot of
recent messages about recovering corrupted installs, and the best method is
to restore from backup.

Jon Carnes