[Mailman-Users] qrunner locks are not always removed

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman at pgs.com
Thu Nov 22 12:52:29 CET 2001

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 16:38, Jon Carnes wrote:
> I've seen this happen when the Admin has the database for a list locked
> while they make changes via the Web-interface.  Once they log out and
> release their lock on the database then qrunner can access the list and
> send the waiting messages.

I typically use konqueror when using the admin interface. could there be any
relation there?

> I think it also happens when you send out to a large list and it takes
> qrunner several minutes to process the list.  During that time, qrunner is
> already running and will not let a second process acquire a lock on the
> database that it is using.

This is the intended behaviour of the locking mechanism, is it not?

> Are you seeing any problems with Mailman - meaning is it locking up and not
> delivering mail?

Hi Jon,

As I tried to explain it does start delivering mail after a while. However, I
can not figure what kicks it in shape again.

In addition, does the fact that the log files are there mean that qrunner
dies? If so, how to find out why it does?

--
Regards,

Lucas Hofman
PGS Research                                    work: +47 67514059
PO Box 354                                       fax: +47 67526640
N-1326 Lysaker, Norway                          home: +47 67581373