[Mailman-Users] not being told of pending administrative requests

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Wed Nov 21 20:14:39 CET 2001

On 21 November 2001, Peter Jay Salzman said:
> i have "should admin get immediate notice of new requests" set to "yes".
> and the list admin's email address is correctly set to me.
>
> however:
>
> 1. user subscribes to list
> 2. user gets confirmation notice
> 3. user replies to confirmation notice
> 4. i get no email that there's a pending request waiting for me

What version of Mailman?  What version of Python?  What OS?  What MTA,
and what version of the MTA?

> are there issues with getting immediate notices of pending administrative
> requests?  any gotchas that i should be aware of?   is there anything i can
> check which can be screwing this up?

Hard to know without the above data.

First thing to try is tail Mailman's logs and your MTAs log(s) as a
subscribe request is made.  Mailman's logs are in ~mailman/logs; I would
just tail all of them.  (GNU tail is your friend: "tail -f *" actually
works!)

        Greg