[Mailman-Users] qrunner locks are not always removed

Harold Paulson haroldp at sierraweb.com
Tue Nov 20 19:49:08 CET 2001

>Nov 15 21:51:02 2001 (5617) Could not acquire qrunner lock

This is probably normal behavior.  qrunner starts up from cron once a
minute.  If there is a lock file laying around, it knows that an
older qrunner is still active, and shuts itself down.

That being said, this message worried me too, and it's not the first
time I have seen this question asked.  Maybe we could get a
friendlier log message here?

Also, I recall older versions of Mailman having locking problems,
that ended up with a lot of stale locks laying around.

	- H

--

Harold Paulson                  Sierra Web Design
haroldp at sierraweb.com           http://www.sierraweb.com