[Mailman-Users] Invoking an external script when creating a list

Armstrong, Scott Mr CECOM RDEC NVESD scott.armstrong at nvl.army.mil
Tue Nov 20 17:19:38 CET 2001

I'm in the process of switching from pipermail to an external archiver.
I've been trying to determine what program would need to be modified to call
a local script when a new list is created. I need to do some additional
housekeeping above and beyond that which is normally done. I believe I've
identified that the bin/newlist program invokes mlist.Create(listname,
owner_mail, pw) to actually create the list.
Can anyone tell me where that module is located so I can insert my own
handler into it? The Create module in MailMan/MailList.py has 4 parameters -
def Create(self, name, admin, crypted_password), but otherwise it would seem
the likely candidate.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Armstrong			In the days before volcanoes
Department of the Army		were invented, lava had to be
Night Vision and Electronic	hand carried down from the
Sensors				mountain and poured on the
AMSEL-RD-NV-OPS-NS		sleeping villagers.
10221 Burbeck Road		This took a great deal of
Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060-5806	time.
Scott.Armstrong at NVL.ARMY.MIL
Voice (703) 704-1764
Fax (703) 704-2644