[Mailman-Users] Crazy

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Nov 17 06:15:53 CET 2001

"T. Glen Haggard" wrote:

> This program is driving me crazy. I have installed it twice, once on
> Slackware 7.0 and the second on 8.0. Here is what I am getting over and
> over:

    Looks like you have two different things going on here...

> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/home/mailman/locks/qrunner.lock.office.10296'

    This means mailman doesn't have permissions to write in that directory.  Are
you sure /home/mailman (and everything under that) is actually owned by mailman,
and that the crontab running is also owned by mailman?

> Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 2.  (Reconfigure to take 2?)
> 554 5.3.0 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"... unknown mailer error
> 2

    This means your mailman is configured to run with GID 12, however your
system seems to be feeding stuff to sendmail with GID 2 - you need to
reconfigure mailman to accept GID 2.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130