[Mailman-Users] Auto-Responses/Digest Delivery

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Fri Nov 16 21:26:06 CET 2001

> When I reply to a regular posting, I get the poster address.  Is there
> something wrong with the digest delivery?  Also, when I am the poster of a
> message (and I have delivery set to regular), I get the auto-replies (not
> the list).  Is there a way to have all auto-replies to the list sent to
the
> listname-admin@ address?
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks.

> Camille Powell, Web Designer
> Analytical Sciences, Inc.
> cpowell at asciences.com

The digest must be delivering the messages and using the listname in the
>From field.

There is no way to have all Auto-replies sent to the list-name-admin address
(unless you want ALL replies sent there...).  The address chosen by the
Auto-reply is totally dependent on the set-up at the clients email site.
There is *nothing* you can do about this.  The best you can do is set the
offending party to "no mail" so that they no longer receive posts (so they
no longer respond to posts).

Please send them a note privately telling them this, and assuring them that
they will be removed from the list entirely should the incident happen
again.

Having a setup like that in the 21st Century is simply a matter of ignorance
and poor manners.

Jon Carnes