[Mailman-Users] Question about after setup

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 13 05:55:48 CET 2001

On Monday 12 November 2001 22:11, Joel Webb wrote:
> After the setup of mailman how do you subscribe to the list without
> adding in aliases into the /etc/aliases file?
>
> I already have mailman and mailman-owner but do I have to put in anything
> else that points the email requests to the specified list??
>
> Somebody help me

You can add folks via the web interface, but without the aliases, you could
not forward mail to the list... at least not easily.

The aliases redirect emails into an executable script.  Without the
aliases, you would have to run the executable script manually on a
hand-crafted* email.

*hand-crafted like in the days of Samuel Adams when they used to carve
emails into the chared bark of old sycamore trees...

Jon Carnes