[Mailman-Users] FAQ and help

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Mon Nov 12 17:38:54 CET 2001

On 09 November 2001, mailman said:
> Is there a real FAQ somewhere (not the one on the official site), it's
> almost useless?

Just last week, Barry announced the start of a new FAQ wizard for
Mailman.  It already looks better than the FAQ on list.org.  I can't
remember the URL; check the archive for this list.

> Also, how one would get rid of the long list of url (List-Help etc.)
> ans addresses sent with all posts (you know :

Definitely an FAQ, but not in the new FAQ wizard AFAIK.

The usual answers are:
  1) these are useful headers, trust us, you really don't want
     to remove them
  2) hack the code
  3) tweak your MTA config to remove these headers on the way
     out (if possible)

Someone who understands #1 and the RFC behind should probably write an
FAQ entry for this... ;-)

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org