[Mailman-Users] errors-to header

David Ball david.ball at brahler-ics.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 16:05:40 CET 2001

I run a couple of low traffic lists for my company.  We're using mailman
2.0.1 at the moment, and we've just noticed something odd.

It seams that mailman is incorrectly setting the "Errors-To" field in
some out going messages.  As far as I can tell, this only effects
password reminders, where the "Errors-To" field is set to the admin
address for one of our lists, instead of "mailman-owner".

Some mail clients (lotus notes/domino being the only one I've seen) use
the "Errors-To" header under some circumstances - like when replying
using an out of office auto response.

This means that "out of office" responses to password reminders for
people who are only members of list1 are send to list2-admin.

Has anyone else come across this?
Is this fixed in v2.0.6?
Is this fixed in v2.1a3?

Many Thanks