[Mailman-Users] Forwarding loop?

Mike Avery mavery at mail.otherwhen.com
Fri Nov 2 18:17:32 CET 2001

On 31 Oct 2001 at 16:54, Mike Avery wrote:

> I've been getting the following error message every time
> I send a message to a list.  A number of other users have
> commented that they are getting the same message when
> they send a message to the list.  The message subject is
> "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender".

Well, that got resolved.  Someone had misconfigured
their copy of Lookout! and was sending every message
they received back to the list as a return receipt.
Lookout! hadn't changed the headers, so it looked like
the original sender was re-posting the message.  Postfix
stopped the duplicate message and sent the confusing
error message.

Looking at the Postfix log, and a raw view of the error
message showed me which SMTP server the message
was coming through.  I used the find_member command
and lucked out - only one (former) subscriber from that
domain.

Mike
--
Mike Avery
MAvery at mail.otherwhen.com

A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
What do you mean you 'formatted' the cat?