[Mailman-Users] threaded view on archive does not work

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman at pgs.com
Fri Nov 2 10:42:33 CET 2001

On Thursday 01 November 2001 10:00, J C Lawrence wrote:

> > Based on a little experiment it seem that mail (unix mail
> > command), kmail, and outlook express do not.
>
> I can't comment on Outlook.  The other's you listed do generate
> correct In-Reply-To: headers.

Are you sure? Look at the following reply generated by replying to a mail
send by a local user:
---
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:27:14 +0100
From: root <root at tanya.oslo.seres.pgs.com>
To: lucas at tanya.oslo.seres.pgs.com, root at tanya.oslo.seres.pgs.com
Subject: Re: test

reply
which headers are added?
---
No In-Reply-To: header here. The mail client on this linux box is mail (good
old mail, which does not honour the -V or --version option)

By the way, your messages do not thread in the mailman user maillist archive.
Which MUA are you using?

--
Regards,

Lucas Hofman
PGS Research                                    work: +47 67514059
PO Box 354                                       fax: +47 67526640
N-1326 Lysaker, Norway                          home: +47 67581373