[Mailman-Users] why can't people see my lists?

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Fri Nov 2 00:43:51 CET 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:27:33 -0800
john  <jgo> wrote:
>> Jon Carnes wrote:

>>> Check and correct the value of "Base URL for Mailman web
>>> interface" for each list.  It is currently set to something
>>> other than, "http://www.mysql.org/mailman/".

> Is this the web_page_url = 'whateverURL' that you can see by doing
> a bin/config_list -o showmefile listname and then looking in the
> showmefile?

This is the last option on the first admin page for each list.  It
is no more complex than that, tho you can make it considerably more
complex than that if you really wish.

> If he were to set it thus: web_page_url =
> 'http://www.mysql.org/mailman/fred/george/ (assuming he has
> sub-directories in ~mailman of fred and fred/george) then is there
> anything that would prevent that from working as well?

Yes.  Short story: mailman works by parsing PATH_INFO.  Long story:
If you don't understand the short story, don't mess with it, and if
you do understand the short story, you don't need the long story.

The other version is that if you want to mess with the URL path in
interesting manners you are going to have to use mod_rewrite.

--
J C Lawrence