[Mailman-Users] AOL User Posts and =20 Problem

WeRBikers at aol.com WeRBikers at aol.com
Tue May 29 21:18:40 CEST 2001

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but I find no answer in the FAQ or in
the GNU List Manangement Guide for v2.0 ... my apologies if this is
repetitious. This pertains to version 2.0 of Mailman as implemented on pair
Networks www.pairlist.net -- I have pursued emails to pair support to no
solution, as have my posts to the pairList specific newsgroup.

When an AOL user ... versions 4,5, and 6 inclusive, posts to a pairList the
immediate postings are delivered and appear normal to those users receiving
in MIME or plain text formats. The digest formats are quite screwed up in
that they show the AOL members' posts with =20 strings at the end of each
line, then a repeat of the entire post with some HTML tags visible. I know
AOL's email interpretation of HTML is half-assed at best, but this is not
tolerable in its present form. These quirks hold true regardless of the
setting for a given member receiving the Digest format in MIME or plain text.
AOL users are not given the choice of sending plain text vs. HTML email. It
sends in pseudo-HTML by default and this is unchangeable. The vast majority
of subscribers to my particular list are AOL members, so this is quite a
problem.

Anyone have a solution?

Regards,
Daniel