[Mailman-Users] configuration restrictions

Albert Agusti aagusti at ictnet.es
Tue May 29 09:57:48 CEST 2001

Hello

I'm testing mailman to substitute Majordomo. It seems to be more
flexible, with many more features and options and more user friendly, so
the choice is easy :-)
I need to create a relative special set of lists. I'm very interested
that people who owns a list (list moderator-approval), would be able to
add, remove people from the list and approve the postings if it's the
case, so I want them to access the web interface as list-owners.
In the other hand I DON'T WANT let them modify the configuration options
of the lists being managed. I want to create the list with a template
(all are closely the same) and pass the day by day operation of the
list, but with no choice of human error removing the lists, changing the
permisions for posting, filters, digest format, and so on.
Is this possible ?
It would be great if I can hide the options in the web interface, but is
enough if they are blocked.

Thanks in advance

Albert Agusti
System Manager ICTnet