[Mailman-Users] Subscription Process?

Scott K . Johnson scottkj at qwest.net
Thu May 24 22:27:11 CEST 2001

Hello all,

I'm in the process of setting up my first mailman list.

When a user subscribes, and confirms their subscription request, nothing
seems to happen. (I'm expecting a welcome to "listname" type of message
to be delivered to the user...)

I've got "confirm" set as the only step required for subscription.

If I manually add them to the list, it works fine.

I'm running a 4.3-Stable FreeBSD box with standard sendmail (with a
symlink to wrapper set up for smrsh's use).

In /usr/local/mailman/logs/subscribe I see:

May 24 13:35:35 2001 (31635) pumpers: pending pumpers at uswest.net
209.180.20.131

Nothing in errors and a seemingly unalarming line in smtp:

May 24 13:35:35 2001 (31635) smtp for 1 recips, completed in 0.281
seconds

When I check for "pending administrative requests" there is nothing
there.

I've probably got something very simple misconfigured...

Any help out there?

Thanks!