[Mailman-Users] How to remove/stop posts already sent to the list?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Wed May 23 16:31:13 CEST 2001

    HG> [hwg] okay, it's old, but how does it work in newer versions?
    HG> I need a clue how I can remove messages that the list began to
    HG> send.  Or in another way, what would you (as a mailman admin)
    HG> do, if your messanger got crazy, and posted ten copies of your
    HG> message to a list?

Mailman 2.0 is much saner here, because all the messages sit in the
qfiles directory waiting to be processed by qrunner.  In MM2.0 you'd
simply find the offending .db/.msg files in qfiles and delete them.

MM2.1 will be even easier because all messages destined for the MTA
will be sitting in the qfiles/out directory, sequestered from other
queues (such as the incoming queue, the archiver queue, etc.).

IIRC Mailman 1.1 set some of the messages directly to the MTA without
queuing them.  But I really honestly don't remember (it was such a
mess, I was better off evicting those memories from my cache :).

-Barry