[Mailman-Users] No confirm & localisation

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Tue May 22 18:51:41 CEST 2001

    EG> I just switched from majordomo to mailman on my FreeBSD 4.2
    EG> mailserver.  I have three questions:

Excellent! :)

    EG> Is it possible to add members by sending an email containing
    EG> "subscribe <password> <address=email>" without needing a
    EG> confirm message from the recipient? I know I can do this
    EG> through the add_member command but I would like to do this
    EG> through the mail-interface.

I believe that if you use the list-owners' password you don't need
confirmation.  I'd have to double check that though (note to Marc: you
may want to double check this too! ;).

    EG> Are there any localisized files/distributions available for
    EG> the current version of mailman or do I need to tranlate them
    EG> myself? I'm looking specificly for dutch language files.

The current CVS tree -- what will become Mailman 2.1 -- has all the
i18n stuff integrated.  There are still a few glitches in the current
snapshot, but I'll try to clear those up today.  Mailman 2.1 isn't
ready for prime time yet though, but if you're interested in
translating the catalog and templates for Dutch, that would be great
(I'm sure Guido would agree. :).

    EG> Finally... is a syntax specification avialable for the
    EG> wrapper? So I can check which commands can be used together
    EG> with the wrapper.

There's no formal specification, but the interface is pretty simple.
Look in src/mail-wrapper.c.  VALID_COMMANDS holds the list of scripts
that wrapper will allow to be invoked; these must exactly name scripts
that live in $prefix/scripts.  Any arguments are passed on to the
script.

-Barry