[Mailman-Users] help reqd using mailman

Preeti Mehta preeti.mehta at wipro.com
Fri May 18 07:55:10 CEST 2001

hi
i have installed mailman ver and am facing some problems.
my platform & versionas r :
Red Hat Linux 6.2
Python ver 1.5.2

i followed all installation steps.
got only one error regading addign the following line to my apache httpd.conf
Exec          /mailman/*      $prefix/cgi-bin/*

it gave an error when i started apache saying unrecognised command/phrase etc
so i commente dthe line & everything worked fine
now am able to see the web interface etc ,create a new list
add memeber thru the admin links
if i subsibe from the users page it send me a mailf ior confirmation as well

the prob is that if i reply to the confirmation mail to confirm my regiustration or send a msg to the mailing list from the id i added thru the admin page neither does the msg go to the mailing list nor does it bounce back
i fail to understand the prob
please help
thanks in advance
regards