[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.0.5

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Fri May 18 08:24:59 CEST 2001

    LM> What could be wrong if in any newlist i create everything
    LM> works fine but in old lists transferred from freebsd to
    LM> solaris same mailman versions i get we hit a bug in admindb
    LM> when i try to look at pending requests for the list?

I've no idea.  What exactly is the error message you're getting?

Mailman 2.x's core "database" is stored as Python marshals (of
dictionaries).  These are platform independent.  Last year we
transferred all the python.org mailing lists from a Solaris 2.6/Sparc
box to Linux 2.2.x x86 box with no troubles at all.  I haven't
personally tried running Mailman on a FreeBSD box, but i can't imagine
how that would be much different.

-Barry