[Mailman-Users] can't auth to see list archives (debian, fix included)

Tollef Fog Heen tollef at add.no
Wed May 16 13:42:06 CEST 2001

*  (Barry A. Warsaw)

(I am the Debian package maintainer for Mailman)

|     | If I maunally change the URL to
|     |   http://foo.ca/mailman/private/family/2001-May/thread.html
|
|     PS> then it works fine. argh! [is this a debian packaging bug?]
|
| It well may be...

It isn't.  The Debian package is set up to use
http://foo/cgi-bin/mailman as the base URL.  If you change that,
you'll need to change the information in mm_cfg.py as well.

It works ok with the config out-of-the-box.

| That's why you're getting the cgi-bin in your urls. ;)  The default
| PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL in the source distro is just `/mailman/private'.
| I actually think we can get rid of this variable for Mailman 2.1 and
| calculate it on the fly.

Sounds nice.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.