[Mailman-Users] Desi-os maps spamming

ez emanzaman at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 13:58:16 CEST 2001

Dear Mailman

As I am sure you are aware, yesterday thousands of users were spammed from
the following e-dress:<http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/desi-os-maps> which seems to be linked with Mailman.

As of yet, no-one has received either an explanation or an apology and I
believe one should be forthcoming. Please could you explain to me the
following:

* How did this incidence occur?

* Where did you get all the e-dresses from? No one subscribed to the
list or gave permission for their emails to be passed on to your company.

* Is there anything we can do to stop such an incidence occuring
again?

* Will you be issuing an apology and a guarantee that this shall not
occur again?

Please remove my e-dress from any lists you may have and please supply where
you got my edress from. Thank you for your time.

ez