[Mailman-Users] Re: remove this?

JC Dill mailman at vo.cnchost.com
Wed May 9 08:45:37 CEST 2001

On 11:32 PM 5/8/01, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

 >It's like cough medicine. It tastes rotten going down, but long term, it
 >makes you feel better. Sometimes, you take a little pain now for the future.

This is similar to the pain mail server admins (and their associated
support staff) went through when we (the Internet as a whole) had to go
through the pains of closing open-relay mail servers following the spam
deluge problems in the mid 90s.  Closing open relays was a PITA, but it was
necessary to move on to a more secure and reliable mail delivery
system.  Adapting to intelligent mailing list headers is a similar
(although less urgent) problem.  Take the high road and be one of the
leaders in making these changes that are "for the good of the Internet".

jc