[Mailman-Users] Re: remove this?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed May 9 02:22:42 CEST 2001

On Tue, 08 May 2001 17:10:06 -0700
Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui at plaidworks.com> wrote:

> On 5/8/01 5:01 PM, "J C Lawrence" <claw at kanga.nu> wrote:
>> Good distinction.  I still use the default Mailman footer that
>> points to the list page.

> I've decided the default footer isn't quite good enough.

Your complaint?

Aside: I just ran some stats.  For my main list posting percentage
has now declined to between 17% - 23% of the total subscriber base.
This down from an 80% poster rate for a list that had 10% of the
current subscriber base.

Not sure what to make of it.

> And the default mailman digest header is bad...

Agreed.  Then again I generally view digests as bad given the
current state of MUAs and digest support.

> I've gotten any number of complaints about how bloody long it is.

I get a couple complaints a year about MIME on the text digests and
that's about it.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows