[Mailman-Users] Call for suggestions

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed May 9 02:02:27 CEST 2001

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> Trying to keep the subscriber databases in sync across machines is going to
> be problematic.

    Tow things I can think off of the top of my head, one being the easiest
(maybe).

       a) NFS
    or b) If mailman has a way of sending a signal out when something changes on
the .db files (or archives?  what am I forgetting here?)  The remote server
could then sync up once they receive this signal.

    What comes to mind with this last option though is, what happens if
something changes on a remote server?  Now the master has to sync up...  Oy
vey!  I think I just dug my own grave.

--
H | Hi, I'm currently out of my mind.  Please leave a message.  BEEEEP!
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130